What do we do
- We offer practical assistance with transport and drivers for medical appointments.
- We provide a team of Hospital visitors who attend the Hospitals to contact the English speaking patients.
- We loan out mobility equipment – wheelchairs etc. for short term use.
- We provide both residents and visitors with information on application procedure for Residencia (a legal requirement if you are in the country for more than 180 days), Bereavement, Repatriation, Hospital procedures, including where to find local Health Centres. Factsheets are available on various aspects of life in Spain for the expatriate and often, if we do not have the information to hand, we will be able to find it from other sources. We endeavour to update our factsheets as laws are changed or new information comes to hand.
- We also have a list of Interpreters and Translators, who provide their services for a fee.
- We can for those needing medication or home nursing, perhaps following a spell in hospital, put them in touch with trained nurses, carers etc.
- We provide a Cancer Support Group, a Diabetic Support Group and a Friendship Group.
What do we don't do
- We do not provide continuing practical assistance to the chronically ill.
- We do not advise on legal, financial or property matters.
- We do not provide money to cover medical aid or other types of emergency requirements.